WTFckery or Not? You Decide
Welcome to this week’s LOL funny WTFckery!
1. Your weekly dose of WTF books:
2. iPhone autocorrects crack me up. Here are two of my recent favorites. Better put down your drink because you may spew with laughter. From Buzzfeed:
4. Speaking of WTF dolls, did you know that the Vermont Teddy Bear company now has a $90 Fifty Shades of Grey theme bear? I’m surprised the bear doesn’t come with a box of tampons. Also important to note the BDSM business man bear isn’t suitable for children under three years old. From The Independent:
“Manufactured by American company Vermont Teddy Bear, the bear is dressed in a black suit in the style of main character Christian Grey, this teddy bear also comes with a tiny pair of handcuffs and a black blindfold.
The product description on their website reads: “Surprise the one you can’t get enough of with this irresistible Bear made with smoky fur and smouldering blue eyes.
“He’s more than 50 shades of fun, and your Valentine can’t help but submit to loving him.”
Despite the raunchy accessories attached to the bear, Vermont even suggest that it is apparently “safe for all ages” and remind parents to “remove any outfit or accessories before giving this Bear to a child young than three years of age”.
5. What happen to the days when you practiced your kissing on the back of your hand? This pillow is freaky deaky! From Daily Dot:
“The pillows look pretty creepy and are not instantly identifiable as a tool for practicing kissing skills, so I made some simple gift tags to dress up the presentation a bit. If you are giving a pillow to your experience-needing little brother, your forever-alone best friend, or anyone else who you think would appreciate such a gift, just print off the tags, cut out whichever one you like best, punch a hole in either side, string a ribbon through, and tie the tag around the pillow.
Tags included in the document are “let’s make out,” “I heart tonsil hockey,” and “put your tongue on my tongue,” and underneath each title it says “kissing practice pillow.
6. If you’re ever lost in the woods, it’s good to know that you can now send a smoke signal from your iPhone. From Motherboard:
“The point of the SMS is secure communication and De Bel, who first exhibited the SMS prototype at Berlin’s Art Hack Day, has plans to further develop the hardware add-on. “SMS, or Smoke Messaging Service is a proof-of-concept for a modern day smoke communication protocol,” he said. “It is a hardware add-on (or cover) for the iPhone that produces bursts of smoke.”
At the push of a button, lamp-oil is heated and vaporized, sending a little cloud of smoke up in the air right in front of the phone’s camera. “This cloud could potentially be picked up by the camera and translated in real-time,” De Bel said. “But, that is for later implementation.” For now, De Bel said that in order to use his SMS, one must first meet or know the person he or she wants to communicate with in order to agree on a protocol.”
7. Ice cream stuffed donut aka the milky bun is so sinful but has me smacking my lips. Nom. From Foodbeast:
“The latest dessert to take the pastry game comes from Orange County-based ice cream shop Afters, a collaboration between clothing industry veterans Andy Nguyen (CEO of IM King) and Scott Nghiem (Owner of Thorocraft footwear). Named the “Milky Bun,” the doughy confection features a slick twist on the classic filled donut and stuffs a thick glazed bun with your ice cream of choice.
The process of making one of these involves four key steps: choose ice cream, fill, seal, and eat. The shop uses a waffle-iron like press to seal the bun and what you end up getting is a phenomenal contrast of warm, dense sweetness and cool, creamy flavor.”
8. Would you wear something that helps lift your butt and makes your buttocks perky and separated? From Daily Mail:
“Spanx has launched a bra to boost a new part of the body – a woman’s buttocks. The multi-billion-dollar brand has launched a $58 ‘Trust Your Thinstincts Booty Bra’, as an undergarment to help give women a boost from behind.
The design, which looks like a pair of high-waist underpants layered with a somewhat wide-coverage thong on top, is meant to make ‘your posterior [appear] perky and separated,’ according to the brand.
In the simplest terms it is ‘a bra…for your butt!’ the company says.”
9. A $30,000 vibrating waterbed. Sounds like a very expensive fun time. From Gizmodo:
“This is the pod that uses pleasant sound, gentle vibration, and soothing light to transport the body, mind, and spirit to a tranquil state of relaxation.”
“Hammacher Schlemmer recently listed the so-called Tranquility Pod. “Bed” is too small a word to describe this amazing piece of sleep technology. The Tranquility Pod comes equipped with a four speaker sound system that syncs up with your smartphone, so you can control your soundtrack without leaving the warm embrace of the temperature-controlled waterbed.”
And there you have it! Your wonderful WTFckery of the week.