WTFckery or Not? You Decide!
Welcome to this week’s post-holiday WTFckery!
WTF books and their covers are a must have!
2. Would you buy a pie topped with foie gras, truffles, caviar and flakes of 24-karat GOLD for the price of $2,000? From Daily Mail:
“A New York City restaurant is taking a stab at creating the most decadent pizza on the market with a pie topped in gold flakes, foie gras and even truffles. The 24K pizza is available at Industry Kitchen, an eatery in New York City’s South Street Seaport, for a whopping $2,000 and, as the name would suggest, is noted for being covered in flakes of 24-karat gold. All held together with imported white stilton cheese, the flakes are interspersed on the pie with dollops of Ossetra caviar from the Caspian Sea as well as truffles and Fois Gras from France.”
3. In other WTFckery foodie news, now you can eat your favorite Girl Scout cookies in cereal form. From Eater:
4. All hail shower beer! More foam while you shower. From Mental Floss:
“Shower Beer is the invention of the Stockholm-based creative firm Snask and nearby PangPang Brewery. Together, they’ve crafted a beer that’s smaller in size and stronger in alcohol content so it can do the trick, no matter how short the shower. After all, a steamy room full of hot water isn’t exactly a hospitable place for cold drinks. These adorable bottles are only six ounces, with a formidable 10 percent ABV. As InsideHook points out, the glass bottle could be considered a bit of a design flaw, as they could get slippery without traction or grip. Luckily, there’s already a fix for that: a shower cup holder. Regardless, the sweet pale ale sold out immediately, so you might have to settle for regular shower beers for now.”
6. Nothing strange about these daughters making virginity pledges to their fathers. From Amelia Gormley tumblr:
“A woman stands in a flowing white dress while a man holds her wearing a dark suit – the photo immediately appears like any portrait of a newly-married bride and groom. But it is of a young girl with her father, preparing to make an entirely different pledge: one of virginity at a “purity ball”.
Swedish photographer David Magnusson took the evocative portrait as part of his “Purity” series of images capturing fathers and daughters joining the conservative Christian movement in the US. He spent five months on four different trips in the country meeting the girls swearing to abstain from sex until marriage and their families.”
8. The WTFckery mega fail award this week goes to Washington Post Express magazine. Can you figure out why? From Mental Floss:
9. Who wouldn’t want Bacon Cologne by Kevin Bacon?